SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER
- Goal of Position: To care for the needs of children with special needs, meeting each child where they are at while teaching them about the love of Jesus.
- Ministry Description: Will care for the needs of children with special needs varying in age range. Duties include working closely with our families with special needs, coming up with goals and activities that meet the children where they are, playing, reading, talking and adapting as needed.
- Time Requested: Flexible-Ideally two hours per month.
- Training Provided: Volunteer Handbook. Opportunity to shadow a current teacher-caretaker. Family Foundation class as applicable.
- Qualifications or special skills: A background in speech, occupational, or physical therapy would be a plus. However it is not a requirement. The only requirement is a love for children and a heart to help all children thrive!